Art Usage Policy
Last updated: Dec.10/2012
- You may post my artwork somewhere else on the web without asking but LINK BACK TO ME ALWAYS [see below this section]. If you don’t link back to me, I’m going to have to ask you to take it down.
- You are FORBIDDEN to create profit of any sort from my art.
- If you want to make an avatar or signature out of my art, ASK FIRST and LINK me back in your signature. If you can’t link me back, then it’s a no.
- Do NOT put my art into your YouTube videos without linking me back in your annotations or video itself.
- You are allowed to save my artwork onto your computer for personal uses without asking me (such as if you are using it for a school project which I doubt anyone would use my art LOL).
- If for some reason you want to show off your desktop screenie and it has my art in it, you don’t need to ask (AS LONG AS THE SUBMISSION CONTAINS MY DA LINK).
- Copying my artwork and claiming it as your own is not allowed. You can use my art as a reference though.
- Do not edit my artwork with an inappropriate manner. E.g: Blurring, smudging for perverse reasons…etc
- If you remove the watermarking or blur any URLs within my art, this is considered art theft and I will not accept this.
- Do not post my artwork on a site individually; what’s the point of it if all of my artwork is displayed on my deviantART? Save yourself and the web hoster’s bandwidth.
- Ripping parts of my artwork and just slamming it onto your work and you’re claiming that the entire project is done by you is NOT allowed.
- Do NOT create bases from my art, make your own.
- When it comes to collaborations, PLEASE ask the other artist(s) if it’s okay with them to use our piece that we worked on together and what their rules are about their art usage. Personally, I’m okay as long as credit is due to us but if the other artist(s) says no, respect their wishes and do not use our work. It is solely your responsibility to contact them, not through me.
** If they’re inactive and you have no way of contacting them, then please don’t use our work. **
When you’re giving me credit….
- Don’t just put “drawing by blazingrunaway” or anything like that in your description if you were to repost my art with my permission…That’s not specific enough and people will probably want to see more of my stuff too ya know. =/
Improper form (example):
- ‘Drawing by blazingrunaway’ <—I don’t want to see that e-v-e-r.
- So, PLEASE provide the URL to my artwork. x_X Come on, all you have to do is just Ctrl+C the URL on top of your browser when you’re at my dA page or website and then Ctrl+V it into the description. It doesn’t take even 4 seconds, don’t be a lazy ass, it’s simple to do, it’s not going to do you any harm.
Here’s the proper form (example):
- ‘Drawing by blazingrunaway’ (blazingrunaway.deviantart.com)
- Or you can just simply put the deviantART URL: http://blazingrunaway.deviantart.com